Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI live users

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 07:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EFI live users

Hello all. I am new to EFI live and I want to learn to use it. I understand the basics just never owned a tool to tune. I bought a Durmax truck and part of the deal included EFI live. Looks like I have version 7.5 with flash scan V2. I have it fully installed on my lap top. There are several tunes in the files along with about 5-6 cars/trucks.

Do I need to do anything as far as purchase more VIN's or register it, etc in order to use this for my cars? Anything else I should know when buying/using a previously owned software? Thanks
Old 04-08-2014, 07:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

I would suggest you post this on the EFILIVE forum. There a goodly number of members with lots of experience, that can help.
You can also DL the latest version, updates, etc.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did but didn't get a response, hence why I thought I would try here.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Email your info, and I'll send you everything you need, I am a dealer for efi live. My email is in my sig below.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Your post at EFILive's forum is vague enough to not solicit any responses:

Originally Posted by edge04
Hello all. I am new to EFI live and I want to learn to tune. I understand the basics just never owned a tool to tune. I bought a Durmax truck and part of the deal included EFI live. Looks like I have version 7.5 with flash scan V2. I have it fully installed on my lap top. There are several tunes in the files along with about 5-6 cars/trucks.

Do I need to do anything as far as purchase more VIN's etc in order to use this for my cars? Anything else I should know when buying/using a previously owned software? Thanks
If you don't have any VIN licenses left, you can purchase additional ones, you can do this when you go to flash an ECM for the first time.

I suggest first reading the scantool/tunetool user manual pdf's.

As for learning to tune, you will have to read extensively (and not just on one forum).

Quick Reply: EFI live users