Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OsMod locked pcm??

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default OsMod locked pcm??

Hey everyone. I'm fairly new to the tuning world, only tuned a few vehicles so far with HP Tuners. so bare with me.

I'm trying to tune a friends 04 GTO with a 5.3 turbo swap. He did not do the work, bought the car used with all work previously done. Purchased credits and loaded new application key to the cable. I can successfully read and edit the tune but when i try to 'write calibration' a new window pops up and says the credits invalid (or something like that). I noticed under 'calibration details', the ECM Lock State is 'Os Mod Locked' which im assuming is my problem.

What steps do i need to take to unlock the PCM from this state? As of right now, I see a couple ways to approach this..... 1) replace PCM and start from scratch 2) see if dealer can possibly reflash to stock tune.

Is there any reputable tuner shops out there that may be able to reflash for me if i remove the pcm and ship it out?

has anyone else experienced this problem? and how did you solve it?

thanks
Andrew
Old 04-10-2014, 09:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Look under the OS Tab and see if a custom OS has been applied to the file. If it has you need to license it to flash it. It takes 2 credits to license the PCM and 2 credits to license the Custom OS. A dealer won't be bale to reflash it to stock.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it does have a 3 bar map speed density OS applied. none of the operating systems can be selected.

how do i go about appling the new credits to the custom OS and would that unlock RTT?

Last edited by doublea87; 04-11-2014 at 12:08 PM.

Quick Reply: OsMod locked pcm??