Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mass Air Scaling

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mass Air Scaling

I'm trying to figure out where to start, I've purchased HPTuners and I've made some minor changes to the tune I received from a local shop(Improved idle, Nick Williams 102, Improved hanging idle). I've recently installed headers and per my most recent dyno, I'm running richer than I would like.

Looking at the tune I received from the local shop compared to the factory tune it seems changes were made to the Power Enrich EQ Ratio vs RPM table to reach the desired AFR. Presumably I could make similar changes to accommodate the headers to dial it back in, but I'm wondering if might be more appropriate to tune the MAF table such that the values found in the EQ Ratio vs RPM table are actual commanded values and not arbitrary scalars if you will.

Now most of what I've read in this regard is way over my head at this point in time, but it seems the general theme is to calibrate the VE tables first? From what I've seen this is more difficult on an LS2 car due to the VE coefficients etc and I had some other thoughts.

As best as I can tell I currently enter open loop at 4k rpm, controlled by Dynamic Airflow High RPM Disable? I believe it may be appropriate to lower this value? Seems like the Corvettes and F-Bodies are set to lower values(3k-3.5k).

My intention at this point is to startup the scanner and log the MAF hz vs RPM. I believe I should be able to use this to scale the airflow numbers found in the MAF table such that commanded afr(from the pe table) = actual afr. I will then verify this by using a wideband on the dyno and setting my commanded afr to 12.7:1. If this works as I believe it will I am going to lower the "Dynamic Airflow High RPM Disable" to 3k rpm and repeat the process for 3.25k - 4k rpm, although I'll probably forgo the dyno verification to save on the costs.

Do these steps seem reasonable? Anything I have drastically wrong?

Thanks - Derrick

Quick Reply: Mass Air Scaling