Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carb Swap using Factory PCM Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Carb Swap using Factory PCM Question

Just got my carb swapped onto my 01 Camaro SS. This is a bracket car, not a daily. I ran an all new fuel system. Fuel cell in rear, new an braided hose, return regulator and a 750 quick fuel q-series. Using the lokar throttle cable. My efi tune before was done with no MAF and speed density.

Well I hooked everything up and primed the pump a few times and checked for leaks. It fired right up, idled good, and seemed to have really good throttle response.

It is still blowing my mind how it is actually running?? NO MAP, NO IAT, NO TPS. I was thinking the computer would do some funky stuff with timing maybe even shutting the car off. Well now Im worried about what timing will actually be doing especially 6k and up.

I have access to hp tuners to scan and fix anything needed. Can anyone give me some guidance on how I can lock the timing in at 36*? Where nothing changes.
Attached Thumbnails Carb Swap using Factory PCM Question-2014-06-19-16.35.35.jpg  
Old 07-04-2014, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone? I just want to roll timing in based on rpm. No MAP SENSOR. I think I need 34* total. Im getting around 13.1 afr on my wideband. Think it needs more jet?

Quick Reply: Carb Swap using Factory PCM Question