Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hesitation Stumble at take off

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hesitation Stumble at take off

Hey guys I had my car tuned in january for the cam and bolt ons and it seems to have been fine. Car is an 01 z28 with 230/234 cam and bolt ons m6.

Everything's been good but recently I've been using a/c more since its been getting hot. I drove to wally world today and got back in the car and cranked her up. When it started the rpms seemed about 100 rpm low and it was shaking a lot more than normal. Upon trying to slip the clutch and take off it seemed almost like I was in 3rd gear. Stumbling and hesitating and not responding to throttle, then after about 10 secs the power immediately came on and it drove fine the rest of the drive even with 6500 rpm shifts never missed a beat.

Went to a couple other stores and tried it without the a/c just to see and it was doing the same thing so I dont think its a/c related. It will only do it on hot starts and only for a couple secs then all is good until next time and it runs like a top. I dont think it could be in the tune as I have never noticed it before and its kind of hard to miss so idk. Anyone have any suggestions? I replaced the fuel filter and found a small leak on the fuel rails which I fixed but those didnt help
Old 07-03-2014, 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Try the diagnostic/tune forum.......
Old 07-03-2014, 07:02 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
Try the diagnostic/tune forum.......
^THAT.

You'll get better answers there than in the piston & crank section.

Good luck!
Old 07-03-2014, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

I was thinking about putting it in there but I wasnt sure if its a tuning problem or not. If you guys think its better there can a mod please move it or should i start a new one
Old 07-03-2014, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 01MAROONz2890
I was thinking about putting it in there but I wasnt sure if its a tuning problem or not. If you guys think its better there can a mod please move it or should i start a new one
Mine does the same thing when the a/c is on I turn it off before turning the car off and on then it drives like normal I do believe , you got to let the tuner know your going to use a/c so they can tune for that but I think that's just something I read
Old 07-04-2014, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

interesting so yours does it also? how so exactly? I've never noticed it before but i dont use ac alot and i think it may have even done it to me with ac off but i'll check again. i just reset the pcm to see if that helps.

the tuner and i messed around with some low idle timing to correct a stalling condition but i have no idea if that could have messed anything up if anyone knows please help

Quick Reply: Hesitation Stumble at take off