Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dead cylinder 8

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 07:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dead cylinder 8

I have a friend whose car is at the Dyno Tuners, he has replaced the computer three times and harness twice, swapped coils with me, wires, and new plugs, new o2s and still gets cylinder 8 dead. Compression test came back fine, pulled the valve cover and everything rotates fine, nothing hanging, any ideas? I seen an older post where someone had an LQ4 with this issue but it was #4 and it was the fuel pump regulator since it gets its vacuum signal from the #4 intake runner. Does anyone know where an LS1 gets its signal is it 4 as well?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...m-stumped.html
Old 07-08-2014, 07:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How are you confirming the dead cylinder? Is the car throwing any code? And have you tried swapping that injector for cyl #8 to another cylinder?

Also while he replaced all those parts, have you checked for spark on that cylinder? And last have you verified that the cam isn't wiped by checking to see if the valves are opening and closing.

Fuel, spark and air is what it needs.... Obviously one of those is missing but more info is needed to help.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:50 AM
Teching In

The tuner was telling me there was no spark, he is testing and getting error 308. I emailed him back about if the spark is making it down to the plug or not and haven't heard back yet.It has a new cam, push rods, and lifters in it that hasn't even been down the road. It was took strait to the tuner so it could be tuned to be drove. Just trying not to have a huge tuner bill with trouble shooting. As far as swapping injectors we have done that as well.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:29 PM
Teching In

Fixed ended up being a pin getting pushed up every time the pcm was hooked up.

Quick Reply: dead cylinder 8