Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cadillac CTS-V error codes after replacing fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cadillac CTS-V error codes after replacing fuel pump

My friend has a 04 CTS-V that he had the fuel tank dropped and a new fuel pump put in (as well as a starter a week or so before). Now the car throws a P0452 Evap Emission system pressure code, which I'm assuming is because is the new pressure sensor is bad, they didn't connect it right, or something else with the pump install. Car runs fine.

I've contemplated tuning the code out using HP Tuners since that would be easier and cheaper than having to drop the tank again. The bigger problem he now faces is he'd getting 2 C codes for the rear wheel speed sensors (C0253 :left rear sensor short and C00050: right rear sensor erratic/malf). Does the wheel speed sensor wiring go above the fuel tank? Is it weird these seem related? He didn't have any error codes before they replaced the starter and fuel pump. The shop he took it to wants nothing to do with him and he's pulling his hair out because of the situation he's in.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where are you located? I would trace the wiring from the sensors and see how they route. Can you get the car up in the air even on jack stands? Sounds like a shitty shop to be honest or they broke wires. Worst case scenario get out the soldering gun.

Quick Reply: Cadillac CTS-V error codes after replacing fuel pump