Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car stuck in open loop

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 09:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car stuck in open loop

I sent the PCM off of my 02 WS6 to get a nitrous safe tune, delete EVAP and rear O2s and such. I didnt change the cam specs in the order form and apparently it was for some giant cam, we figured that out before I got the PCM back so I sent back as soon as I got it. I got it back yesterday and put it in. I was checking out the pids on my code reader and noticed that it wont go into closed loop. The car doesn't seem to be running right, rougher than usual anyway. It also had a code for the purge valve so I plugged it back in and it made no difference. The O2s are only switching between .06 and .07 volts. may have went to .1 volts once. Im just trying to figure out whats going on. Any ideas or guidance? The car had no problems prior to tune.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

see if you can find someone to pull the tune and check to see what coolant temp closed loop is enabled.
_
the tune on my car when I first bought it was set at 260 lol
Old 08-24-2014, 08:27 AM
Teching In

I wont have access to HPtuners until tomorrow to check it out, but Ill take a look. Does anybody know exactly what the pcm has to see before it goes into closed loop?
Old 08-24-2014, 09:31 AM
Teching In

Just graphed the O2s. On startup they go to 1.1 volts or a little less, then over about 5 seconds the fall to less than .1 volts with little switching. When i started it this morning, It seemed to switch fine for a few seconds then fell out. I dont think its the sensors. If it is really running this lean, I am not going to spray it.

Quick Reply: Car stuck in open loop