PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why change ol eq ratio then pe table?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 08:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So what does the box (I just noticed after looking back through my tune) Enable Open Loop STFT do? Can this actually make adjustments based on something in Open loop? If so, what will it use to determine STFT and does this apply in WOT conditions?
Old 01-10-2015, 04:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarg
So what does the box (I just noticed after looking back through my tune) Enable Open Loop STFT do? Can this actually make adjustments based on something in Open loop? If so, what will it use to determine STFT and does this apply in WOT conditions?
When OLFA is active (i.e. in OL), you can get STFT's to trim on OLFA cells that are stoich (exactly EQR 1.000).

If in OL, the OLFA has the prevailing cell, and it is stoich, and the condition is WOT, then yes STFT trimming is performed (but of course stoich at WOT is not good).

Usually the Camaro/Firebird/Corvette calibrations had this disabled, but truck calibrations had this enabled and it would cause grief when trying to correct the VE table in OLSD.

Last edited by joecar; 01-10-2015 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

If so, what will it use to determine STFT and does this apply in WOT conditions?
Originally Posted by joecar

If in OL, the OLFA has the prevailing cell, and it is stoich, and the condition is WOT, then yes STFT trimming is performed (but of course stoich at WOT is not good).

What I meant to write was this:
If in OL, and the OLFA has the prevailing cell, and it is stoich, then STFT trimming is performed, regardless of WOT.

Last edited by joecar; 01-10-2015 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gotcha. I understood. So this is in WOT conditions but rather only when it is stoich. So why would the car not default back to closed loop in these conditions? This just all seems a bit odd coming from previous tuning experience where open loop was pretty much any time you targeted anything other than stoich. Sure there would be delays and conditions, but it would still target stoich any time you were in closed loop unless is was one of the fancy stand alone ecus that could do WOT in closed loop, which was cool.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Gotcha. I understood. So this is not in WOT conditions but rather only when it is stoich. So why would the car not default back to closed loop in these conditions? This just all seems a bit odd coming from previous tuning experience where open loop was pretty much any time you targeted anything other than stoich. Sure there would be delays and conditions, but it would still target stoich any time you were in closed loop unless is was one of the fancy stand alone ecus that could do WOT in closed loop, which was cool.
Yes, correct, it is irrelevant of WOT.

There are various reasons for CL being prevented... if the operating conditions allow CL, then the mode will go to CL...

the key point from above was that when in CL, going to WOT does not cause the mode to go to OL... and PE enables but is not stoich, so previous learned LTFT's are modified (negative rounded up to zero) and added... (LTFT's are never added in OL).

Last edited by joecar; 01-11-2015 at 12:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Why change ol eq ratio then pe table?