Tuning Symptoms Sticky Idea - Page 3 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Diablo | Pantera EFI
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning Symptoms Sticky Idea

Old 06-21-2017, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99 LS7 View Post
I have a 99 FRC with a LS7. The car runs well however I'm being told the car can only be tuned for drivability. Meaning it's capable of putting 550rwhp plus but anything over or close to 500 rwhp the ECU acts up. Loss of power flashes, the traction control comes on and it's just a freaking nightmare. Can anything be done to my ECU where it can keep up with the horsepower my car is capable of?
There are tables that define maximum allowed changes in airflow and Max power and stuff so yes a competent tuner can fix that.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:18 PM

Thanks for the info. I have another question. The tables or Hz on the C5 is limited or not large enough I'm told. The newer ECM have more tables.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99 LS7 View Post
Thanks for the info. I have another question. The tables or Hz on the C5 is limited or not large enough I'm told. The newer ECM have more tables.
I believe some of the newer Vette maf tables go to 15000hz instead of 12000hz, but there are ways around maxing the maf hz. Typically you would move to a cartridge style LS7 maf in a 4 inch tube and it will drop the frequency below the limit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tuning Symptoms Sticky Idea

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: