Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superchips Programmer Owners ONLY, PLease

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Superchips Programmer Owners ONLY, PLease

First off, I have a '99 Trans Am naturally aspirated w/ all bolt-ons. This thread is intended to help those of you who may have discounted the Superchips Programmer, as I did ... when I had my gears changed from 3:23's to 3:73's. This is not intended to apply to anything other than a basic mod'd car that needs a basic tune. The Superchips MAX Programmer frustrated me to no end when it failed to recognize the 3:73 gears. It's an A4 and would not shift our of 1st gear when I would pull out in drive. Manual shifting was the ONLY way it would shift.

After 14 attempts, I finally dumped the stock programming back to the PCM and drove it a block down the road. Then, I set the proper gears (3:73's). I then accepted all the default SC settings and selected the rev limiter RAISE option. Once this all was done. It literally pulls the wheels up in second gear an waaaay more than chirps the HP Ultra Plus tires. I can hardly KEEP it from breaking traction.

I've read about alot of folks here who have dogged the Superchips Programmer because they have had bad experiences, but, mine has worked and is still working remarkably well and REAL SOTP feel is what I get from it.

Anyone have this same problem with it? My case is that I didn't know to first dump the stock program back and then drive it before setting it up with the Custom programming. It SCREAMS!!!!!