Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Required circuits for '01 LS1

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 10:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Required circuits for '01 LS1

I am building an '01 Camaro for NASA CMC competition. The class rules dictate that I must use the factory PCM and tuning with the exception of tuning out unrequired sensors (no changes to timing or fuel curves). I am allowed to remove any unnecessary sensors and wiring from the engine harness. My intent is to follow that rule and remove all unnecessary wiring and sensors to clean up and simplify the engine harness.

I will not be using the factory instrument cluster, but will have water temp and oil press gauges with their own harnesses. I am not sure though whether I can eliminate the factory ECT and Oil Press sensors as they feed back to the PCM. I know some OEMs (perhaps not GM) won't allow the engine to run if the PCM senses 0 oil pressure.

The following lists are only for the engine harness and do not include any of the BCM or lighting harnesses.

I am unsure if I can eliminate the following circuits or if they will have any impact on the engine running normally:

Fuel tank pressure
Oil Pressure
Oil Level
ECT
VSS

I have eliminated the following circuits assuming they can be tuned out and not necessary for operation:

2nd sensor O2's
Secondary Air Injection solenoid
Secondary Air Injection Pump
Cruise Control
Fuel Level
AC refrigerant press, AC clutch, AC comp and comp request
EVAP Canister Purge and vent solenoids

Circuits that I left assuming they were necessary for engine operation:

Crank Pos Sensor
Cam Pos Sensor
Knock Sensors
Fuel Pump Relay
Theft Deterrent (I purchased VATS bypass to eliminate the BCM)
MAF
MAP
IAT
TPS (I did remove the ABS leads that bridge off the TPS circuit as ABS is not allowed)
IAC

I'm looking for feedback on whether I missed any required sensors or if I made mistakes on the lists above.

Thanks,

John

Quick Reply: Required circuits for '01 LS1