Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

24x DBW ECU

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24x DBW ECU

Having trouble getting a straight answer by reading through the other threads. I just got a 5.3 from a guy for $250 but it had no wire harness and no ECU. However it does have a DBW throttle body and after pulling the crank sensor found out its a 24x reluctor wheel. Engine came out of a 02' suburban and thats all I know. So right now im having trouble finding an ECU and harness that will run on a 24x wheel but also has DBW capability. I've searched for the last 5hrs and haven't been able to find anything or maybe im just missing something. Its my understanding that in 2002 was kind of the crossover point from 24x to 58x on these vehicles. Any help and education in this are is greatly appreciated. This is for my 85' c10 project.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any 99-06 PCM will work. If you find a 03-06 is easier because any truck harness works.
All 99+ PCMs are DBW capable, you only need to make sure they are flashed with the correct calibration for the DBW to work.
You also need the TAC module, it's harder to find than a PCM because TAC modules change between years and always get lost or damaged.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just get an 04 silverado ecu and it will have the iac tables to run the DBW, Also throttle sensor in the pedal is the same style as the vette. I found it easier to mod the vette pedal and add the truck tb sensor to it.

the crossing point was ls2 in vettes and some cars and trucks at 06, even the 06 gto was 24x

Quick Reply: 24x DBW ECU