Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAT sensor while in SD

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 07:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Default IAT sensor while in SD

Quick question here hopefully it's an easy answer. Can I still use the IAT sensor located in the MAF while also having said MAF failed in the tune in order to run in SD?

Basically, I have the MAF completely removed now and just have the external IAT sensor plugged into the intake tract. However, it seems that the sensor is bad and I have to replace it. But it will take a little bit for it to ship and get here, meanwhile I am left without a working IAT sensor. I'm wondering if I can put the MAF back in temporarily just for the purposes of using its built in IAT sensor but still have the MAF failed in the tune. Or do I have to re-enable the MAF in the tune so I can use the IAT functionality?
Old 02-07-2015, 08:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to say yes because I used a ls2 maf on my ls1 car and the car only saw the ls1 iat.The maf and iat even though they are in the same housing are still 2 different sensors.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

You can put maf back in to use the IAT if you have the maf failed in the tune you'll still be in SD. To be 100% you can either unpin the signal wore for the maf or zero out the maf table to insure it's not messing with your fueling.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:53 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Yeah. I have the LS3 combo sensor. It works fine.

Quick Reply: IAT sensor while in SD