Sponsored by:

Engine starts and then stalls

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 05:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine starts and then stalls

Originally posted

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/1769373-engine-starts-then-stalls.html

I am having some issues with my Goat. I just recently had my car street tuned for some upgrades that I did. The car ran great, we did about 6 or 7 WOT pulls and no issues what so ever. We got back to my tuners house and we noticed that there was a gas smell coming for the car. We discovered that the passenger side fueldumraildumhad popped up due to the bracket bolt backing out. Tightened everything back down and she fired right up and I drove home. The next day I was going to make changes based on the street tune and I wanted to check my fueldumsystem. I took the drive side and passengerdumsidedumrailsdumup, pulled the injectors, tightened the brackets, checked the o rings and put it all back together. I went to start the car up and she fired up, ran for about 5 seconds and then died. Started it again and the same thing. No engine codes,dumfueldumpressuredumwas at 60 lbs. Turn the key on with no engine start to make sure the pump primed up and it did. I got out to make sure I wasn't leaking fuel from an injector and everything was clear. Every time after that it would start and die like it wasn't getting any fuel. Called it a night.dum
Next day I tried to start it up and I got a P0200 code **injector malfunction**. Did some research and I checked all my grounds, mydumO2 Sensors, check power to the harness with the key on from the battery it was 12v, the harness against itself was 6v. Did a node test on the harness and it lit up with every injector plug. Pulled thedumspark plugsdumand they checked out. Put a different set off coils and the problem still happened. Even pulled thedumsparkdumplugdumend of the sparkdumplugdumwiredumand popped adumnew spark plugdumin and checked to make sure they were sending a spark. Every coil lit up. Thought it might be adumvacuumdumleak, nope all clear there. I even had my tuner come over with his laptop to log everything. He did say that bank 1 was running lean but we could not figure out why and it didn’t look like the car wasdumgettingdumfuel. He did make the car super rich and it ran better but still died. I looked at the harness for the injectors and thedumO2dumSensorsdumand nothing looks burned or broken. I even opened up the blade on mydumThrottledumbodydumand the same thing. I have noticed that if you start it and it runs for those 5 or 6 seconds it will die immediately when you touch the gas. Also this P0200 code is intermittent I have cleared it once and it went away after about 4 or 5 starts ups it came back. I even tried to disconnect the battery and reset the fuel trims. I checked thedumkeydumfobdumand even used a different key I check the ring and both keys are making contact. I have tried everything I do not know what this issue is. One of my buddies said it might be a bad ECM but I am not sure. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Engine starts and then stalls