PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Best injector with data for 408

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015 | 07:29 PM
10 Second Club

Default Best injector with data for 408

What injectors have data readily available for hptuners that'll support a n/a 408. I'm using racetronix but can't find any good data so I'm just gonna replace them with something more newbie hptuners friendly. I have the banish DVD.
Old 02-16-2015 | 09:24 AM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Depending how bad *** you are maybe the LS3/7, for sure the LS9. The LS9 suffers just a tad with low speed driveability, most would never notice.

Then you have good GM data.
Old 02-17-2015 | 08:21 PM

If you are shooting for 600+ HP with a hot cam, IMHO the LS3/7 will be marginal and you will be at 90%+ duty cycle.
Also, you need to consider the type of intake manifold and fuel rails. Compared to a tall LS1 injector, the LS3/7 are much shorter and have a larger 0-ring fitting into the intake manifold. The LS9 are the same size; they have an angled spray pattern which can make idle a little rougher.

I was in the same boat and ended up buying a set of DeatschWerks 42# injectors for about $400 and received them next day from a sponsor. They publish their full data in HPT format on their website: http://www.deatschwerks.com/resource...libration-data

Note that their 42# injectors flow 50# at 58psi. If you need a bit more, they have 50# injectors that flow about 62# at 58psi. Each set of injectors is individually flow tested and balanced. These injectors are available in the tall LS1 or short LS2/7 size.

If you need more, the Siemens Deka 60# injectors are also available flow matched at a similar price. The Banish DVD has data on them and many members on the HPT Forum are using them.

Quick Reply: Best injector with data for 408