Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car runs crappy, no code..need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 05:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car runs crappy, no code..need help

car has been running like crap out of the blue. Sometimes it throws a flashing service engine light which I know is a misfire, but it does not store a code or have one pending. I even tried to read the light while it was actually flashing ,and still nothing. the car has heads cam and a dyno tune. wondering if tuner may have caused the care to not store codes. Is there any other way to pull or read the code? what can I do.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

If it doesn't have a code, or one pending then no. As far as "running like crap", can you expand on this? Have you lost mpg's, or low end power, top end power, all power? Have you done anything as far as troubleshooting? Did you maybe check the exhaust tubes with a temp gun, or water bottle? How old are the O2 sensors? Do you have a scan tool that will show if the O2's are switching? Does the car have a MAF?
Old 03-11-2015, 05:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Misses at mid rpm. I have connected diagnostic tool and has no codes, but throws a flashing ses light on occasion. New plugs and wires. New cam and crank sensors, new o2 sensors. All coils and wire have spark. Was thinking maf but that's an expensive guess. Also fuel pressure is good. Checked for vaccume leak but could not find anything. Intake gaskets are fine.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:01 PM
Launching!

I'm having a similar problem. Let me know what you find.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:23 PM
Launching!

Is it a miss or a hesitation/stumble? Mine would hesitate in the midrange. Cleaned the maf with maf cleaner and very lightly wiping q tips dipped in rubbing alcohol.

Quick Reply: car runs crappy, no code..need help