Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam and ECT sensor codes

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam and ECT sensor codes

Hi guys, threw a brand new harness on my 07 dbw lq4 in the Camaro, and the engine starts and runs, but throws Po118 and po342, codes for the act sensor and cam sensor. Now the engine ran just fine before i put the new harness on, and i feel this is leaning towards a ground issue, as the guy who made mine only put one ground in the entire harness. I have it grounded where the factory engine to body ground would be(rear of engine, close to the cam sensor), as well as my engine to frame ground. Can someone tell me where i should go next to diagnose the issue? I find it hard to believe both sensors would go out at the same time, but i'm not really sure how to go about diagnosing this. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:34 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

I wonder if you might need to perform a "crank position relearn" which tells the PCM to relearn the relative signal positions between the crank and cam sensors. Here is an old thread on the subject:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...m-changes.html

I am not certain of my advice, but after I got a cam sensor code, I replaced the cam sensor and it did not help. After performing the relearn with the HP Tuners scanner, the code went away and never came back.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrvedit
I wonder if you might need to perform a "crank position relearn" which tells the PCM to relearn the relative signal positions between the crank and cam sensors. Here is an old thread on the subject:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...m-changes.html

I am not certain of my advice, but after I got a cam sensor code, I replaced the cam sensor and it did not help. After performing the relearn with the HP Tuners scanner, the code went away and never came back.
Thanks for the tip mrvedit, i actually figured out what was wrong though, something stupid simple. When the guy built my harness, instead of having the ECT and CMP sensors on pins 73 and 74, he had tham on 74 and 75. I was at my wits end and started doing continuity tests on both sensors, thats when i realized the pins were off by one… Dumb. Anyways, the codes have gone away, now i'm dealing with lean codes, i think my injectors are stuck from sitting the past few months. Thank you very much for your help!

Quick Reply: Cam and ECT sensor codes