PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning VE table with open headers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 10:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Tuning VE table with open headers?

Right now I've got maybe 1 1/2 feet behind the 02 sensor of exhaust. I plan to hook the exhaust back up just haven't had a chance. Will it effect the tune if I replace one of the narrowbands with my wideband, do some work on my VE table and hook the exhaust up or should I wait for the exhaust to go on first? Also how will going from running a catback to going open headers effect my fueling if I decide to run the car open headers at the track from time to time. I'll always have the 1 1/2 feet behind the 02 sensors.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

You might still see some reversion and slightly wrong readings with an open exhaust like that, mostly cruising around. At WOT you shouldn't have much issue as the o2 sensors are no longer commanding changes in the fueling, so once you have your AFR dialed in with the catback on, you can run open headers and have very similar readings.

It's really only when you're driving around that the o2 sensors might pick up a different mixture from the partial open exhaust that you might see issues in fueling.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

So hitting the low parts of the VE table with the wideband and open headers are out. I'll wait until I get the exhaust on and start. Thanks

Quick Reply: Tuning VE table with open headers?