PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flashing computer

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flashing computer

Not sure of the correct term of reprogramming the computer to work with bolt on modifications but trying to learn, I'm old school. My son and I are working on his 99 TA and are putting some BBK headers on it and a Y pipe and removing converters, Is there anyone to send the computer out to get reprogrammed or whats the best route?
Old 03-17-2015, 11:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well since people all over the country can see this, saying where you are located might give you some other options than sending the PCM out somewhere.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:34 AM

Sorry, I haven't got that far on here yet, need more time to figure that out. I am near Akron/Canton Ohio. My son says he wants to wait on a tune because he thinks he will have to retune it every time we make a mod. Not sure which route to go but hes 17 and not a lot of $ but I think just a tune with the headers will make it run good enough for a while. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Old 03-18-2015, 10:34 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by No time
Not sure of the correct term of reprogramming the computer to work with bolt on modifications but trying to learn, I'm old school. My son and I are working on his 99 TA and are putting some BBK headers on it and a Y pipe and removing converters, Is there anyone to send the computer out to get reprogrammed or whats the best route?
Thats exactly what we do. Our webpage has more information on it.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:27 AM

I did check out your web page, seems that you are the guy! Can you give us a ballpark figure of what flashing it costs and do we have to change it with every mod?
Old 03-18-2015, 12:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Right now our current pricing is $200 plus $20 return shipping with free lifetime updates with you just paying $20 shipping for future changes. If you change a part that drastically changes airflow or speed related like gears or tire size then you would need a tune update.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:42 PM

Sounds like the way to go. Thank you very much.

Quick Reply: flashing computer