Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EGR Code question

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 05:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGR Code question

Hey guys. Need more help, lol. So my car is throwing a EGR code. I thought about deleting it. I read that as long as I have an Ls6 intake, headers and aftermarket cam it would be okay. The problem is there is no one around here that can tune a '98 car because of the whole off-year computer.

My question is this, by removing the EGR will it just flash the lights or will it make the car run crappy? I can handle the lights until I finally find someone to tune it but I don't want the computer making the car run like bad because it still thinks the EGR is still there.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by mrvedit; 04-02-2015 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Better title
Old 04-02-2015, 07:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So there is no one around that has HP Tuners or EFI Live because they can both edit 98 PCMS. You don't even have to buy a license with EFI Live on 98s. Even Tunercat OBD2 can edit them.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
So there is no one around that has HP Tuners or EFI Live because they can both edit 98 PCMS. You don't even have to buy a license with EFI Live on 98s. Even Tunercat OBD2 can edit them.
That's what all the shops around here have told me. I personally don't know anything about tuning so I just go by what they say. Everyone tells me to get a '99 and up PCM.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

You can mail your PCM to us and we can do it. Just finished a 98 pcm up a few minutes ago actually.

Quick Reply: EGR Code question