Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuner experience needed for Drive by wire throttle issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuner experience needed for Drive by wire throttle issue

Alright so long story short is my brother and i pulled the ls2 out of this TBSS this winter running and driving perfect. The way it sat was bolt on tbss with rpm trans and vig torque converter. Truck ran great and no issues. Parked it this winter pulled the motor for a 402 set up. Took the PCM and TCM to a company i will not name for a base tune to break in the rings. NOW here is the issue. Truck starts and runs great. Idle is perfect and truck revs no problem. But only in park and neutral. Basically we put it all together started it, checked for leaks, got all the air out of the cooling system, and idled out of the garage. Well when we went to pull out of the driveway we found that the throttle doesn't work. But this is only when the truck is in gear. It you put it back in park or neutral it will rev to the moon. We have no SES light and were perfect with the install. No pinched wires, nothing rubbing, everything back in its OEM place. I need to know if there is anything in a tune that can cause this issue. The vendor that did the base tune stated they never heard of this before and wasn't sure. We brought the PCM and TCM back to them today and they stated that the TCM didn't have the TBSS files in it and they set it back to the factory tune and made modifications for there. We knew this already though as PCM for less put in the GTO file in it so that under decel the converter would stay locked. Haven't picked the TCM or PCM back up yet so not sure if it fixed the issue but it wouldn't make sense to me as the same TCM and file were in the truck last year with no issue. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated for a guy with ZERO tuning experience! thanks
Old 04-23-2015, 07:26 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

I cannot help you other than bump this to the top.
What year is the TBSS?
Unless some expert here knows the answer, I would go back to the original TBSS OS and mod the tune for your displacement and injectors. And reduce the lower RPM values in the VE table according to your cam.
Again, I know nuthin' about DBW and am just starting a conversation.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appreciate the bump. Its an 07. So a quick update. PCM for less stated that is isnt in the TCM tune and that i should tell the tuner that is currently working on it that they need to look at the abuse tables. The tuner we are currently working with stated that they put the factory OS for the TBSS in the TCM and adjusted the abuse mode tables as needed. Put it back in the truck and still no bueno. I have a feeling this is going to be a nightmare. Not really sure where to even start as there is no check engine light for Throttle body code and the throttle body works perfect in park and neutral. So stumped on where to start!

Quick Reply: Tuner experience needed for Drive by wire throttle issue