PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

New PCM, new tune..

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015 | 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default New PCM, new tune..

Just put a new computer in the car, a guy sent me a base tune to use with the new build. Is it necessary to read the VCM then compare/copy/paste the new tune into the file that is read or can I simply load the new file? The new computer is throwing me off. FWIW, new tune is 3bar SD.
Old 04-29-2015 | 05:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't think it was that stupid of a question to be ignored??
Old 04-29-2015 | 07:49 AM
FormerVendor

Just write entire your new tune in.
Old 04-29-2015 | 09:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JustAFooL
I didn't think it was that stupid of a question to be ignored??
The lack of details on the vehicle type, model year, pcm (new as in blank?), what the new file is based on, is a reason to be ignored. And if you do a write entire with some mismatched **** you could end up with a door stop.
Old 04-29-2015 | 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
The lack of details on the vehicle type, model year, pcm (new as in blank?), what the new file is based on, is a reason to be ignored. And if you do a write entire with some mismatched **** you could end up with a door stop.
Last computer bricked, 98 camaro. Repinned a 99-02. Current computer has a stock file loaded so that we could hear the car run. Tune is from TunerCats program?? I didn't do the repin so he loaded this to make sure that everything was right.

New base tune is from a guy who has an identical car, just have me his file to start from. I guess I could just copy and paste the tune over to what the computer reads but I didn't know if it was necessary since the existing tune isn't from HP tuners. Sorry for the confusion.

Quick Reply: New PCM, new tune..