Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

larger injector programming problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 03:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default larger injector programming problem

I'm in the process of adding a turbo. Engine is a 5.3 out of a 2003 avalanche stock other than 220/220 cam and valvesprings and I'm using 80lb seimens deca injectors from vs racing using a boost referenced fpr. I've tried using the injector flow rate calculator and I've put the correct data in the flow rate vs kpa but when I do it's way lean so lean it won't even hardly run. I've got all the injector data from other people running these injectors such as the offset vs voltage and the min pulse width but still the same thing.
I already had my ve table dialed in when it was NA so from what I've read I should have been able to get it close just by putting the correct injector data in. If I put the flow rate vs kpa at 47lb per hour its dead on with my current ve settings. This seems crazy to me? what am I overlooking here please help?

Last edited by jborders; 06-07-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:23 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Use the injector data in this tune if you're using HPTuners. It's from Ford's testing and is converted to GM PCM Gen III data.

The size of those injectors is not 47.

Are you sure the injector data you had before is correct? VE table should not change if the injector data is correct before and after (in theory).

Are you using a boost referenced fuel rail? If so, take the first number in the IFR table and use it in all cells for flow rate.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
Siemens Deka 80lbs.hpt (456.8 KB, 96 views)
Old 06-07-2015, 07:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's much better thanks. I think the voltage was what was giving me problems. It's a little rich now according to my wideband but its running great . I'm not sure its reading 100 percent accurate since I don't have full exhaust yet and its only a couple feet away from the end of the pipe. It's close enough now I can figure it out . thanks again.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:08 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Good deal. The O2 will like having a full exhaust. But it's good you could get it up and running.

Quick Reply: larger injector programming problem