Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1/2 Bar OS Enhancement

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 01:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Default 1/2 Bar OS Enhancement

Been running SD in my car the hard way (forcing MAF to fail) for a little while now but would like to get back the high/low octane table functionality. Right now I have a safer lower timing tune that I load up when on the track for more safety, so I though it would be simpler to just get back the low octane table so that the PCM goes between those two as needed as apposed to running lower timing all the time.

In the VCM enchancement tab of my tuner the 1 Bar SD is "not available" while the 2 Bar SD is simply "not applied". Is there a reason for that?

This car is N/A and will be so for the coming future, so I don't see a need to do a 2 Bar tune. Is there a way to just do the 1 Bar enchancement? And if no, would there be an issue to run the 2 Bar tune on a 1 Bar sensor?

BTW this is a 2006 E40 PCM.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There is no 1 Bar SD OS for the E40. Just use the 2 Bar OS & change the Map settings back to stock.

Russ Kemp
Old 06-18-2015, 05:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

By that you mean the VE table? I saw a how-to on the HPT website and it said to copy the stock VE table and start from there? Or should I use my existing table which is pretty close?
Old 06-18-2015, 06:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redtan
By that you mean the VE table? I saw a how-to on the HPT website and it said to copy the stock VE table and start from there? Or should I use my existing table which is pretty close?
I meant the Map sensor linear & linear B fields. And the stock VE table will remain with the 2 Bar OS, just ignore the VE Boost table

Russ Kemp