Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Needed

Where to start.

Have a LS3 from a 2013 Camaro that I put in a C3 Corvette. The engine and pedal are from the car original ecm was "borrowed" by builder and was given different ecm. Car runs great besides check engine light and the occasional issue where the pedal goes into limp mode which brings up codes P0503 Vehicle speed sensor intermittent and P060D Internal Control Module Acceleration Pedal. Just have been having to always have scan tool connected so i can reset and then pedal works fine. Sometimes it will do it three times in a row. Tends to happen when heavy throttle or high gear low rpm acceleration but most times after i get on in really hard.

So I was told and assumed that most of this would be resolved with the tune so off it went. Had a bunch of issues with accessing the computer because apparently of software differences, Come to find out this is a computer with a vin from a 2011 silverado with a ls3 tune in it which in itself shouldn't be an issue unless you are using HP Tuners which was faulting for a vin mismatch. Couldn't dump in new program or get one to work from GM finally ended up getting HP Tuners to license and the tune was underway.

From there everything went smoothly. Got car back today no check engine lights runs great until about 15 minutes on the way home downshifted 6,5,4,3 and pressed on gas shifted in 4th and no gas pedal. No check engine light. Pulled off to side of highway pulled codes but nothing having to do with pedal. P0807 Clutch positiion sensor circuit low, P0481 Cooling fan 2 Control circuit malfunction, P080A Clutch position not learned, P0172 Bank 1 system to rich. Reset it throttle came right back and off i went back to the tune shop. Looked into it moved some air numbers around and off i went. Next time it happened I was in traffic and was connected to scanner didn't have time to see codes. Happened one more time on way home thought i had run out of gas but pedal was dead.

Tuner is talking about this being something being mechanical but I thought i would at least get a code? And the fact that it just works right after i reset seems odd but wanted to get some unbiased ideas of course i want it to be the tune and they want it to be mechanical

Read up on the web about others having issues and was hoping to get some troubleshooting ideas in case it is something else.

Thanks in advance for any insights sorry in advance about lack of knowledge on this stuff tried to recreate the best I could.

Jeff
Old 07-11-2015, 10:50 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

The short answer is you cant flash a truck ecm to run a car ls3 with car pedal and TB. You need a car based ecm, you tune, pedal, and throttle body all have to match. Give me call on Monday the number in my signature and I can explain in better detail, its way to much to type out.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:16 PM

Default Thanks Lawrence.

Thanks for taking time to Lawrence to go over this I will update everyone when we figure it out.

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
The short answer is you cant flash a truck ecm to run a car ls3 with car pedal and TB. You need a car based ecm, you tune, pedal, and throttle body all have to match. Give me call on Monday the number in my signature and I can explain in better detail, its way to much to type out.
Old 11-07-2022, 12:01 PM
Teching In

Default Ls3 swapped getting p060d

Any insight on what came about with this. Having the same issue. Also I'm running a e38 truck ecu
Old 11-07-2022, 02:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,023 Likes on 2,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Willis250x
Any insight on what came about with this. Having the same issue. Also I'm running a e38 truck ecu
Not after 7 years.
The following users liked this post:
Old Buzzard (11-07-2022)

Quick Reply: Help Needed