Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will tuning fix this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 09:41 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Will tuning fix this?

I have a 72 Cutlass that has an LS1 with a 4L60E in it. Both from a 2000 Corvette. The 4L60E is mounted behind the engine like a Camaro. It has a 03 Silverado input shaft and and TCI breakaway converter. It has a 2WD Truck tail housing on it. Not sure if the output shaft is stock or not. I'm not sure how many teeth are on the output speed gear but I'm guessing it's from a truck.
My issue is that when I'm driving around 30 MPH, the car thinks I'm going over 120 MPH. It doesn't allow it to shift properly since it thinks I'm going really fast. Also the car will shutter like the converter is locking up when you're going 15-20. I had a company do an initial tune to delete VATS, EVAP, Rear O2S, and my new cam, and I'm not sure if they programed the Trans properly or if the Trans sensors are at fault. My thought is that since its a corvette Trans and PCM, they just programed it for a Corvette and Corvettes must use a different speed sensor and the speed is reading is doubled. Can this be fixed with a good tune?
Old 07-15-2015, 12:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

My best guess is they didnt program the pcm correctly. A stock corvette doesnt use the same speedometer setting like a normal car or truck.

Quick Reply: Will tuning fix this?