Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 09:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help

New need help have HP tuner for my LS6 have 2 411 computers tuned by 2 different places 1-street and performance 1- by spare ecm how do I use my 8 credits from HP tuner to tune both as both have their own vins,have used both and know there is more to hp to get from both. Thanks for any help as I am an old man trying to stay with you fast guys
Old 08-30-2015, 09:54 AM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Each 411 PCM will require 2 credits. I also buy PCMs from ebay seller Spareecm, and as owner (Raymond) explained to me, even when he preconfigures the PCM with the same VIN number, HPT will detect its a different PCM by its embedded serial number.

So, your 8 credits will be plenty to tune each of those PCMs as many times as you want. You will have 4 credits left over for future projects.

Note that you only need to use credits to write to the PCM, not to read a tune file that you might download from the Internet. Each time you open a downloaded tune file, HPT will ask if you want to license it; simply select [No Thanks]. If desired/suitable, you can cut&paste parts of the downloaded tune file into your own tune file.

In short use "Flash->Read" Entire to read your existing tune from your PCM. When it asks if you want to license it, say Yes. After making changes, you can then use "Flash->Write Calibration Only" to write and test the new tune. Use "Compare->Open compare file" to open older tune files or downloaded tune files to see what the differences are.

Does that help you get started? If not, what else do you need to know?
Old 08-30-2015, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you that helps me a lot, it is just a stock LS6 in a 56 Chevy with no emmisions with a 700 r4 370 gear that I drive on the streets to have fun with, now need to learn how to tune have plenty of time this winter to read all the different tunes to help make it gain that extra hp. again Thank you for the help

Quick Reply: Help