Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

misfiring!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation misfiring!!!!

hi I have a 2001 ws6 m6. the only mods are slp lid, texas speed long tubes and 3 in texas speed exhaust. the car was running fine, and after a random restart i noticed a misfire. i changed the plugs and wires, and the o2 sensor on the left side checked bad, so i replaced it also. upon removing the plugs the 4 on the driverside are **** black, and the passengerside are dingy white. took car to an ASE certified shop and everything checked good,he said no vaccum leaks no bad sensors. thought it was the ecm,so i replaced it,got same result car runs fine when cold and skips when hot at low rpm. runs good at wide open throttle!!! please help!!!!!
Old 09-05-2015, 08:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Airleak at LHS header collector (near NBO2) causes bank1 trim to add extra fuel to bank1 (causing plugs 1,3,5,7 to get rich/carbon fouled)... ASE certification does not cover long tube header collector leaks.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:23 AM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by joecar
Airleak at LHS header collector (near NBO2) causes bank1 trim to add extra fuel to bank1 (causing plugs 1,3,5,7 to get rich/carbon fouled)... ASE certification does not cover long tube header collector leaks.
This is good info! Thank you for sharing. My car started missing today at low rpm, and no codes came up, either. I'll check my collectors for leaks tomorrow.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:48 AM
Teching In

I was getting code p0300. (Random misfire) but since the ecm swap the check engine light isn't on.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Checked for exhaust leak, found a little **** around the o2 sensor. Tightened it up more car still gives code p0300 , any other ideas to try. I also put original ecm back in car due to the fact it was tuned for the long tubes, was getting codes for the rear o2 sensor with the stock ecm. Was also throwing p0300 with stock ecm.

Quick Reply: misfiring!!!!