Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAT Temperatures, and nitrous questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IAT Temperatures, and nitrous questions

Just wondering what and or if, there are some standards as to at what IAT should you begin pulling timing? I noticed at about 115 degrees, its pulling 1 to 2 degrees? Seems just normal days IAT's are over 113* anyway, is there really a need to pull timing at that temp? Im just getting into tuning, so this may very well be common. As I run across things, I like to ask questions.

Also, the main reason Im asking this, is due to the fact I was in the IAT Base tab, because I was going to trick the IATs for nitrous, but noticed my tables only go to 14* degrees, where as others go as low as -40s, which I was going to use the -40's tables to pull timing. I live in CA, and its never 14* outside, and if it did, I wouldn't be driving the truck. Is it ok to use the 14* table to pull timing when I trigger the IAT with the appropriate resistor when Im ready to spray?

and I guess my final questions, would be for that temperature I trigger the IAT sensor with, do I set the timing I desire from .08-1.20 g/cyl?, or just in the higher g/cly ranges (say .52-1.20)

I hope all that makes sense to someone. Sorry for cluttering the post lol.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its better to fix the high temp air that's getting into your intake. Cooler air is always better than kluging the spark advance with hot air coming in. You'll probably get KR. When I first got my '11 I found the IAT was running 30 degrees more than the ambient air. This is due to air that's coming thru the radiator and pressurizing the engine compartment. This hot air then goes over the top of radiator and into the intake. You have to block this off.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your running premium fuel I wouldn't worry about pulling timing till 150f of iat.
As for your cold side of the table if you can't resale the table to a colder temp then you'll have to make due with the x&y axes you have. As long as your resistor tricks the ecm to seeing color that 14f you'll be pulling the time that you set in the cell.

Quick Reply: IAT Temperatures, and nitrous questions