Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boosting and changing map questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 10:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boosting and changing map questions

Disclaimer* I have searched and read most every thread on this subject on here and I'm still open to suggestion on controlling this.

Ok so I have a 2000 Ta w/f1 procharger same in the sig. I currently have a 4.25" pulley on it and I'm making about 12 psi of boost, it is great for the street and lots of fun. I don't really get traction in 1st and 2nd on the street but go out to the track and everything is fine.

So iv been wanting to pulley down and make more boost for the track and top gears. so I have been thinking about doing a wastegate before the fmic and blowing off the boost for the street so I don't have to switch pulleys to change boost. (yes I know this is harder on the SC, I plan on keeping the sc rpm's well below the 70K max) I have been thinking about running boost by gear (looking for a model) and or mph and running a boost controller to control the wastegate. The car has a HP tuner tune on it now and it runs great.

My question is, I was also have been thinking of switching maps so I could run different gas for track or higher boost nights and was wondering what the easiest program is to do this. One of my buddies runs Mega Squirt and likes it, and another buddies dad is in the process of tuning his car and using diablo to tune his Hellcat for 93, 109, E85 (car is not back from the shop so don't know how it works just yet). I don't mind having to load a different map (can get a small comp for cheap) to change fuel or something like that but I am trying to find out the best way to do this. If anyone has done it please let me know what has worked best for you and what has not worked. Any help would be awesome, kinda new to this portion but trying to figure it out.

thanks

Last edited by lbm13186; 11-06-2015 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could run a boost controller like the aem truboost witch has a scramble mode set it to drive around at what ever you chose and a micro switch on shifter for 3rd gear activation and have it up the boost to what ever you desire.... just a quick dirty idea. As for tunes for different fuels you would have to reflash for the different gas. The 411 pcm will not support a flex fuel sensor.
You could however just change the spark tables at certain boost levels to give more or less spark. Less spark for 91oct and 12psi like now and more spark when you give more boost with better fuel. This would not work with e85 though...just a thought.

Quick Reply: Boosting and changing map questions