Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car randomly goes full rich?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 12:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car randomly goes full rich?

Like the title says, my car randomly goes full rich. By that I mean that the wide band reads as rich as it can and it starts shooting flames out of the exhaust. This happens most of the time at steady throttle cruise. If I go full throttle, it will clear it out for a few minutes. May or may not be related, on cold start it seems to miss some (gets worse if you give it throttle) until warmed up. Car has new map, new ait, new Coolant temp sensor, new injectors, etc. Any ideas?
Old 11-15-2015, 06:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Interesting..

vid and log...?
Old 11-15-2015, 06:44 AM
Staging Lane

I'm trying to find a friend with a laptop I can borrow cause I broke mine. I think I can get one today though. Forgot to mention the car has AEM stand alone on it. And all the new sensors I listed were installed to get the motor running (none have been replaced after finding this problem).
Old 11-29-2015, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

Well I brought it to the dyno this weekend to have more of a controlled environment. When there I figured out that the driver side cylinders were not contributing like they should (header cool compared to the passenger side). Pulled plugs and found them to show signs of running rich on that driver side bank but looked great on passenger side bank. The plugs still sparked some but not much. Replaced the plugs and started looking for the issue. Found that my engine wasn't grounded good enough so I added some grounds and changed the coils because I have seen insufficient ground mess up coils. All is good now.

Quick Reply: Car randomly goes full rich?