Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rev Limiter Operation Explanation

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rev Limiter Operation Explanation

I have an 06 GTO LS2 tuned for a stand alone swap. Can someone explain how the rev limiter works? Reason I'm asking during hard acceleration the engine cuts out at high RPM. Haven't had a chance to see the actual RPM, I've only let it happen a few times.

Each time the fuel level was at 1/2 tank or less. I have the Spectre gas tank but I added some baffles to compensate for its bad design and see if it would help eliminate fuel starvation during turns and at low fuel levels. It seems like maybe the fuel is sloshing completely over the rear of the basket and losing pressure.

Or does the rev limiter cut out the ignition completely or softly? My next step is to see if it still does it at a full tank.

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2015, 09:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It cuts fuel.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Can you set up a fuel pressure guage on the fuel rail that you can see while driving?That can help show you if its a supply volume/pressure issue or a tuning problem.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. I took it out for a run with full tank and about 6,500 RPM it backed off at a much gentler/softer rate than it did with a lower fuel level. It is definitely a fuel pickup problem.

Quick Reply: Rev Limiter Operation Explanation