Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAFT Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 09:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MAFT Question

I know you can set your LTRIMs with it and all but will it hold the settings you input or set(lack of a better word) OR will the computer relearn and go back to original settings.The reason why I ask is, I have a Predator from James and I understand its hard to get a hold of him.He set me up with a tune and I sure can use a new set up with my SLP headers.I need to get my Ltrims in line.They have just gone out of whack since the header install.
I did have his home ph number but he no longer is there.
I need his help or will a MAFT do.
Oh ya no LS1edit around here.
Thanks
Old 06-11-2004, 09:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99SSragtop
I know you can set your LTRIMs with it and all but will it hold the settings you input or set(lack of a better word) OR will the computer relearn and go back to original settings.The reason why I ask is, I have a Predator from James and I understand its hard to get a hold of him.He set me up with a tune and I sure can use a new set up with my SLP headers.I need to get my Ltrims in line.They have just gone out of whack since the header install.
I did have his home ph number but he no longer is there.
I need his help or will a MAFT do.
Oh ya no LS1edit around here.
Thanks
Your computer will not "unlearn" the settings. From my experience it is really only beneficial for WOT tuning. If you are running rich and tune towards the lean side I think it will give you some additional timing. I know when I tuned rich I lost timing with my cam...it could just have been a fluke though.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:52 PM
12 Second Club

What you can't use the MAFT for your Ltrims to set them for a slight neg number?
Old 06-11-2004, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

You can, but it doesn't seem to really do anything amazing unless you are outside of the capacity for the PCM to compensate with the trims.