Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Restomod ECU and harness recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Restomod ECU and harness recommendations

Newb to this forum and to the world of LS engines. I'm planning a new vehicle build and want to use a LS2 or LS3 6.0 engine with a supercharger (650 hp would work) and a 4L60E trans in something like a 70 Chevelle. I've been building cars for some time and have used FAST XFI systems on my cars so I know a bit about EFI tuning and the wiring required.

What ECU would the experts recommend for this application? I don't need traction control (well, maybe 'want' is a better word) or other bells and whistles, but I'm really looking for great driveability as the wife wants to drive this one. Seems like a GM PCM would be the ticket, but not sure if that's the right move, or which one to use if it is. Other than cutting the OEM harness out of the junkyard, who is the best source for retrofit harnesses for a job like this? The engine will likely be a used unit so who knows what it will come out of or if it will include the PCM or harness.

ALSO--If there is someone in the Cleveland area who does this kind of tuning on GM motors, I'd like to connect with you--please PM me.

Many thanks for your replies!
Old 01-08-2016, 01:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I vote the NS3 Gold Box LS version and Microsquirt trans controller. All said and done it will run about $1700 with Tunerstudio subscription. You will be able to run the autotune yourself and not have to worry about paying for tuning on OEM system. Super nice clean harness and computers are small enough to tuck away. They also have a phone number for technical support and Mike is super pleasant to speak with. Fast would have to be the Dominator computer for your application I believe and Is a really nice system but everything is an additional cost when upgrading. OEM may even be more expensive than Gold Box when all said and done. Good luck and post build

Quick Reply: Restomod ECU and harness recommendations