Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners Drivers......

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP Tuners Drivers......

I'm trying to figure out why I can not locate the drivers for my new interface on my computer. There was a thread on the HPT website about how to do it...but even when i follow it and/or the paper in the box...they are no where to be found. Faulty MPVI?
I have tried software from the CD as well as from their website...and no luck. SO..if anyone has any insight as to what could help me on this...I'd really like to get this uploaded and working this weekend. Thanks guys.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:09 PM
12v
Teching In

What operation system you are using? On WIN7 drivers can be found if you turn on automatic drivers finding over internet. You can also specify path to search to local CD, where install disk is.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 195 Likes on 162 Posts

Have you recently changed computers? I am only asking because I was thinking maybe a faulty usb port, or bad cable?
Old 01-24-2016, 12:37 PM
Teching In

I am using windows 10. I am not super sharp on this whole deal, I will be honest on that. Im not exactly sure how to set it to auto update or auto search functions. My computer will recognize the MPVI IF I go serach for it under removable devices, but if I just go to My Computer, it wont show up like my external hard drive does thats plugged into the USB port next to it. I'll try the other ports again, and get back to you. I appreciate the assistance. I'm very disappointed in HPTuners customer service already.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:03 PM
Teching In

OK....Drivers are downloaded from their website and all is good ON THAT now.

NEW ISSUE....open HPTuners, and there is no VCM Editor. The bread and butter is missing. I have installed and unstalled it twice now with the same end result. Any suggestions there?

** Update- I uninstalled it again and downloaded it from the website....same result. **

** Yet another update- It looks as if all I am getting when downloading or installing is the demo version. I had the Demo version months ago just to check it out, and when I go into logs and tunes for what I JUST downloaded, it is just samples. When you guys open HPTuners, and it give you options for scanner/logs/tunes can you see samples?**

Last edited by 58Rag; 01-24-2016 at 01:19 PM. Reason: update
Old 01-25-2016, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Monday bump....Anyone else got a clue...perhaps HP Tuners "customer service"....
Old 01-25-2016, 04:25 PM
Teching In

This is all I get back from HPTUNERS customer service. 3 of them so far.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Not sure what's going on for you. Here's my progress to getting it functional.
I downloaded the demo, played around, then sent the payment to HPTuners. Once that was confirmed by HPT, they sent me the key in an email. Let me look for that email and see what it said to see what I did after that.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:33 PM
TECH Addict

Here is what It said...

Thank you for your VCM Suite purchase.

When you receive your order in the mail, you will receive an MPVI USB interface,
a USB cable, an OBD-2 cable, and a VCM Suite installation CD.

1) Insert the CD into the CD Drive and install the VCM Suite software.
After the software has finished installing leave the CD in the drive.
Do not run the VCM Suite software just yet.

2) Connect the MPVI interface to the computers USB port with the supplied USB cable.

3) When Windows recognizes the interface, it will prompt you for drivers.
The drivers are located on the CD.
This is the reason why we left the CD in the drive at the end of step 1.
You may be prompted to install the drivers twice.
This is normal as our interface uses a dual channel USB chip.
Once the drivers have finished installing, you can remove the CD from the drive.

4) Now, open up VCM Editor for the first time.
You can find it in your Start Menu->Programs->HP Tuners->VCM Editor.
You will be prompted to enter in an application key.

5) License Information:

Your interface serial number is: xxxxxxxxx

Your application key is: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
Old 01-25-2016, 07:01 PM
TECH Addict

I just had to reinstall my HPTuners on a laptop I had prepared so here's what I did.
================================================== ==================================
1. Went to HPtuners and downloaded the demo and had it install in the same step.
2. I double clicked on an .hpt tune file I'd just downloaded. It asked for my application key. I cut and pasted it into the dialog box ,then clicked OKay.
3. It told me I didn't have a license for that file and would I like to license it. I clicked 'no' and exited.
4. I closed the VCM editor
5. It doesn't create shortcuts automatically so I clicked on the windows explorer to see the program files directories.
6. I double clicked on the program file(x86) directory
7. I double clicked on the HPTuners directory
8. I right clicked on the VCM editor and clicked on 'create shortcut'
__ I. it informs you it cant create it here, want to create on the desktop? Click Yes
Repeat step 5 for the VCM scanner.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:31 AM
Teching In

Well, problem solved. Bill was a badass, did some remote access on my computer, and got things going. Turns out I'm just retarded and was looking at the wrong HPT File. So, all is well, time to do some tuning. Thanks for all the input guys, And a big thanks to Bill for the assistance.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 195 Likes on 162 Posts

Bill is a great guy. It takes them a bit to get back to you, but I have no complaints about them at all! Tuning isn't something you learn in a day, a week, or a month. Just be patient!
Old 03-15-2016, 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mightyquickz28
I just had to reinstall my HPTuners on a laptop I had prepared so here's what I did.
================================================== ==================================
1. Went to HPtuners and downloaded the demo and had it install in the same step.
2. I double clicked on an .hpt tune file I'd just downloaded. It asked for my application key. I cut and pasted it into the dialog box ,then clicked OKay.
3. It told me I didn't have a license for that file and would I like to license it. I clicked 'no' and exited.
4. I closed the VCM editor
5. It doesn't create shortcuts automatically so I clicked on the windows explorer to see the program files directories.
6. I double clicked on the program file(x86) directory
7. I double clicked on the HPTuners directory
8. I right clicked on the VCM editor and clicked on 'create shortcut'
__ I. it informs you it cant create it here, want to create on the desktop? Click Yes
Repeat step 5 for the VCM scanner.

This is what I had to do too. I thought maybe it was my computer because on there website under requirements it was way different it says when you buy the software it needs 1GHz and 512MB of Ram and when you go into the program and click that little round info button after the new install of 3.0.55 version and it says minimum requirements is 1.5GHz CPU and 2GB Ram so now i bought a new computer with 2.2GHz CPU and 8GHz of Ram and the same thing. I messaged HP tuners tech and no reply like what everyone else says No reply from them. Well anyways It took me about 10 hours trying everything till I had to dig to find it. Did a shortcut from program x86 file and now I have both of them now. I did the update on the website too but it looked to be the same one I had. Still wondering if my driver's are downloaded. I guess when I get it hooked up to my car I'll find out. You think they would kind of put that info in there message they send to you. Saying if you don't get the programs installed on your desktop go here to find them. Having a way to check to see if it's all there and working properly would help too. I know this is an old topic now but its something I think more people would like to know what others have done to make it work.

Quick Reply: HP Tuners Drivers......