Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Express Van ECM 411 conversion questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Express Van ECM 411 conversion questions

In the process of putting an '02 6.0 in my friends 96 k1500 (my 3rd swap). So far i've been lucky to either have an ecm with a motor or just bought a matching setup ECM off ebay. However this time around, I alrady have on hand an '02 express 2WD van ECM for a 5.7. I am hoping i can convert this ECM to a '02 6.0 4WD Silverado ECM. So far i've figured out the Vin # change will change the labeling in the description box and the segment swapper tool should hopefully get all of the right tables swapped over. However i have a few more questions before i feel confident in buying the credits for the Express ECM and making all the changes. Hoping somebody out there knows and is willing to help: (i'm using Hptuners)
1.) The express van is a GMT 610 and the silverado would be an 800, can i simply change the Platform drop down box in the system tab and that would be sufficent?
2.) The express van is a 4x crank signal and of course the 6.0 will be 24x. Can i just change the System Options Matrix -> Crank Low Res to a 0 to make this change. It's currently a 1 in the express van table.
3.) Are there any 4wd segments? My friends truck will be a manual, but it does have some 4wd control associated with the ECM, are there any segment or changes to the ECM i need to be aware of?

Answer what you can, thanks.

Worst case is i'll drop $100 at the dealer to have the entire VIN and OS flashed on this ECM. But i was hoping to save that $ and just use what i have.

Quick Reply: Express Van ECM 411 conversion questions