Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lsx427/ Holley efi

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 10:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lsx427/ Holley efi

I'm new to this efi word and haven't done a lot with it. This my be one of the dumbest questions asked but I just trying to figure this out. Will the Holley efi calibrate itself for a different cam or does it have to be done by the tuner? I guess what I'm asking is, after this engine is complete will I be able to crank it and run it with the Holley efi or will it just be a nice conversation piece till I get it to a tuner to have stuff programmed into the ecm? This isn't a crate motor.
Lsx 427
Trickflow heads
Scat rotating assembly
4.0 whipple
Old 02-03-2016, 10:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

It will need to be tuned by someone. We offer remote tuning through email if you dont have any local options.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
It will need to be tuned by someone. We offer remote tuning through email if you dont have any local options.
So after it is tuned for the cam it will self tune for the injectors till I can get it to a dyno and really dial it in? I'm new to the efi and I haven't been able to find a lot of info on the Holley dominator system.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
And could y'all help me out on the computer and harness all together? It's going in a 96 Silverado. 5.7 vortec. Would love to keep ac, power steering, and abs and everything the truck has, but still run the LS motor. I'm just stuck in a hole on how to get everything to work with the truck and gauge cluster as well. I'll be swapping trans from a 700r4 to 4l80e
Old 02-04-2016, 08:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Coreypenn
So after it is tuned for the cam it will self tune for the injectors till I can get it to a dyno and really dial it in? I'm new to the efi and I haven't been able to find a lot of info on the Holley dominator system.
The tune will need to be changed for the injectors. It doesnt self tune, you have to change the tables your self for what setup you have. It does use a wideband O2 sensor that can adjust your fueling on the fly BUT you have to set it up to that and it still has limits. Your base fuel tables still has to be in the ballpark.

Originally Posted by Coreypenn
And could y'all help me out on the computer and harness all together? It's going in a 96 Silverado. 5.7 vortec. Would love to keep ac, power steering, and abs and everything the truck has, but still run the LS motor. I'm just stuck in a hole on how to get everything to work with the truck and gauge cluster as well. I'll be swapping trans from a 700r4 to 4l80e
Holley is made to run stand alone and run after market gauges. Its not going to tie into your factory stuff very easily like your wanting. From the way it sounds your going to have a very big project on your hands that involves a lot of research, time and wiring.

Quick Reply: Lsx427/ Holley efi