Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Programmers

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programmers

What is the best bang for the buck as far as putting a programmer on a 2001 trans am m6, ls6 intake, long tube headers, 3 inch all the way back
Old 02-29-2016, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Have you downloaded any of the softwares to have a look? I can't tell if you are familiar with the tables. Certainly, if you plan on doing your own tuning you can get the base HPTuner package for about $4xx.xx. You can do a lot with it but you won't be able to interface a Wideband to it. This not to say you *can't* use a wideband, visually, to correlate the changes you make. It's just that you can't easily log the widebands reading into the scanner without going to the HPTuner Pro. EFILive is a lot more expensive. Holley, probably the easiest to tune with, is very expensive in terms of initial cost. But if the an hourly rate were established for the time it takes to zero in a tune in EFILive or HPTuners versus the Holley plug n' play, it might be cost effective. MS (MegaSquirt) has a lot of offerings too. I use HPTuners pro for my 96 turbo Z28 ($649). If the above is all you're tuning for and you're not planning on a power adder like Supercharger or Turbo, it might be hard to justify the cost of a tuner package. You might be better off just getting a dyno tune from a shop.

Quick Reply: Programmers