Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Segment Swap / OS Swap Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 10:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Segment Swap / OS Swap Question

I have a vehicle with 12587603 engine OS. This engine OS was matched to several manual segments but not with a manual segment for the transmission that I would like to pair with. I would like to pair a LQ4 to a NVG4500.

I am aware that the LQ4 and NV4500 came together in a factory config but it looks to have used a different engine OS.

SO NOW:
I am honestly a little confused about what to do to get this to work.
Most obviously I would just throw in the OS and segments from a Silverado 2500 HD and be done with it, right?

But if I swap all this out will that screw with other things on my vehicle like stabilitrac, ABS, traction control ect? MY vehicle has AWD so it can brake each wheel. But I didn't know if changing OSs or segments means that certain things might not be supported anymore.

Stuff like can you put any segment into a particular OS or does it only work if that segment came with the OS from GM. I am not sure that they are drop in lego parts...

Ignoring any re-pinning that I might have to do can you really put any OS on a car and just expect all the other computers and features to get along?

If not I might just give up on the NV4500 and go 4L80E since it seems tons of people have gone that route.

Quick Reply: Segment Swap / OS Swap Question