Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2bar map on HPT w/3.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 05:45 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2bar map on HPT w/3.0

Bare with me guys, I haven't touched tuning software in roughly 10 years, and this is my first crack at HPT...this stuff has come a long ways. I've been reading and searching to try and educate myself, but I can't find a lot about 3.0, all the info is based on 2.24, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

I purchased 4 credits for my 02 TA so I can run an SD tune with a 2 bar map. Everything connects fine, my VIN is unlocked, I can scan, modify etc. what I can't find is where I go to unlock it to use a 2 bar map? I go to the OS tab and it's completely blank.

Any of you guys familiar with 3.0? I do have a really good buddy locally who is very experienced with HPT (and is a tuning whiz in general) but I want to try and do as much as I can because he's extremely busy. Any tips for an old rookie? This might be a dumb question but I can't find my answer anywhere.

I'm going to put all my questions in one thread also. Please note I am searching, and will continue to look for my answers. Car is an 02 TA, stock LS1 with a procharger and #60 injectors. 6spd cat.
1-no a/c, no air pump, no rear o2's. What codes do I turn off?
2-no MAF, any tips on how to tune it out as I don't have the same options as in 2.24.

I have thick skin so fire away . Thanks.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Map sensor settings are under Engine->Airflow.
You should only need 2 credits, custom OS's are free now.
set the MAF codes(po10x) to Mil on 1st error (ses not enabled so you dont see a light)
Old 04-01-2016, 11:08 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apparently changing the software from basic setting to advanced settings has a lot to do with it as well. I switched it to advanced and all of a sudden the 2 bar OS option was there. Doh.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

There are a few great videos that they (a guy from HPT) are posting up on youtube now. I will send you a pm with a link to that stuff, I don't know if it is allowed and don't want to get in trouble.

Quick Reply: 2bar map on HPT w/3.0