Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting and idle issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting and idle issue

Justlike the title says... I have 89 Camaro that put an Modded ls1, after I got my mail order tune I have hold the gas peddle all the way to the floor to start and once it starts I have to feathering the throttle to keep it running. After about 10 to 15 mins of feathering the car will idle on its own but then I put it gear and dies and when I try to start it again I have to go through the whole proces all over again. Any ideas? After research I read of some people having similar issues with an lt1 but no instances with an ls1.

Btw the harness and the computer are from a 98 trans if that matters.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:19 AM
Teching In

In my eyes, I'd say cold start/idle was not properly tuned. There could be other issues such as large vacuum leaks, or fuel pressure issues causing this as well. You may double check with whoever did your mail order tune and make sure they actually did the correct stuff. I had a friend of mine that had to switch guys because the one who was doing his mail orders was getting too overwhelmed and caught up in the money, and just quit trying to get things right.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:47 AM
Teching In

Well I sent the computer off to get for them to adjust the startup and idle tune and that didn't work so after some more research I figured I would try swapping out the cam position sensor. In the process of changing the I found that my intake was full of coolant???? Talked to a buddy of mine and we think this was most likely causing the problem and came to the conclusion that it had to come from my old motor (5.7 TPI) and the coolant got into brake booster or the vacuum ball for the cruise control. Found another issue in the heads so haven't tried to start the since but just wanted to update on what I found so far.

Quick Reply: Starting and idle issue