Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSU4.2 Vs. LSU4.9

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 12:22 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default LSU4.2 Vs. LSU4.9

I need a new wideband cause my LC1 died a couple years ago. My APSX D1 takes significantly longer to calibrate than the directions say it should plus it tends to randomly stop reporting during use.

I was thinking of getting a LC-2 which says it will run a 4.2 or 4.9 sensor. But I don`t know how because some places say it takes a different sensor heater strategy to run the 2 sensors....which would make sense to me.

I assumed the 4.9 would be a faster sensor, but some pages say the 4.2 has larger holes and will respond faster.

The 4.2 sensor is much cheaper and I already have 1 new sensor and one with 20minutes of use.

I`m just a weekend tuner on my own cars, will I even notice a difference in accuracy between the two?

I just want a wideband that is accurate enough for basic tuning and durable enough that the controller lasts more than a year.

EDIT: In some spots it says the PN # 3877 innovate LC2 ships with the 4.2 sensor and other pages say the 4.9 sensor.....innovates page doesn`t seem to specify either way. Can anyone confirm which one it comes with?
Old 04-14-2016, 03:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I purchased a few LC-2 in the past months and they come with both sensors. Price was the same. There was no indication of the sensor type, I noticed the last 2 came with LSU 4.9 because of the smaller connector. Part numbers were 3795‏ and 3783.

The firmware of new units supports both sensors and LM-Programmer let's you choose sensor type. Older controllers can get the firmware updated to support both sensors. The problem is they use different cables so if you want to use both you need 2 sets of cables.

I started using them and they seem to be faster and more accurate than 4.2 at part throttle. Haven't tuned WOT with them yet. The LC-2 with 4.9 sensor gives similar readings compared to my AFX which I use as reference. LM-2 and LC-1 with 4.2 aren't as close.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I checked the box I still have with me and it has a label on the outside stating that it has the LSU 4.9 with a barcode. I will take a picture later today.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:13 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No worries on the pic. I was just curious if there was a way to specify which sensor you get or if it was random.

I`m very glad to hear that you can select which sensor it is in the newer firm ware. I couldn`t figure out how the controller could be accurate with both sensors without it knowing which one it was controlling.

Looks like I might be switching back to innovate

Quick Reply: LSU4.2 Vs. LSU4.9