PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please

So I have a stock 04 Goat, my slave cylinder went out on me while driving one day so I had her out of business for about 3 weeks, mostly due to me being military and gearing up for an exercise, while I was replacing the part. Once everything was good and she was back on the road she started idling rough, sounded as though she was cammed, running very rich, bogs down when given gas, and is spitting grey-black smoke. I am throwing 2 errors codes, P0106, and P0101 both are brand new sensors with no vacuum leaks. When I took it in initially to a GM dealer I was told that the mechanics didn't know what was wrong with the car, please help me out.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:28 AM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

First - thank you for your service and help making our country great.

P0101 Mass or Volume Air Flow A Circuit Range / Performance
P0106 Manifold Absolute Pressure / BARO Sensor Range / Performance

Think back to what all you touched while replacing the slave cylinder.
* Is it possible that you pinched some wiring between the engine and transmission bellhousing?
* What all did you touch on the top end?
* Typically when you remove a transmission the engine will tilt back towards the firewall. Check for any damage on the back of the intake manifold around the MAP sensor. Check the intake air connections around the MAF and throttle body.
* Try to data log to see if you are even getting readings for MAF and MAP.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:33 AM

Thank you for the advice. I am going to be getting under the hood today. I will make sure that I post anything that happens today.

Thank you, and I will retrace everything from the transmission work.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:15 AM

So I was working on my car this weekend almost all weekend. I took the intake manifold, fuel injectors, valve covers, and just cleaned everything up, I also found out that one of my cats went bad(driver side) so that was probably causing most of the issues however I am still throwing codes. I believe it is associated with the MAF Sensor since when I unplugged the sensor while it was running there was no change in anything. I am going to mess around with it some more and hopefully see if that fixes everything.

Quick Reply: Help please