Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LC1 as narrowband question

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LC1 as narrowband question

Originally posted this on an old thread titled "if you have lc1 as narrowband read here".. no replies. Trying again.

Question
So I tried to wire up an LC1 a friend let me have.. I wanted to replace the driver side o2 with this one and simulate with the secondary analog output.

Ive been reading on it for a couple days and decided to try cutting the connector off an old o2 sensor I had laying in my toolbox (changed them last year).. I wired the power up to the 12v heater supply, and the grounds up to heater ground.(blue/white) with the intention to properly ground the signal ground to pcm ground and heater ground would stay there, and of course the brown analog output to the purple wire of the old nbo2 connector. Leaving the last wire (tan / low input?) Empty and not connecting wideband to anything yet..

Once I turn power on in car it immediately defaults to 449mv and will not move from there even with car running. Other o2 is switching and displaying properly.

Does tan low signal need to pcm ground or chassis ground? Or can the wideband signal ground go here?

Did I read these posts wrong? Does anyone have the original image from this post I cannot access it since the audio helix site was closed
Old 04-18-2016, 04:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

What year/model/vehicle...?

If the PCM switches heater ground, then you can't ground here, you have to ground elsewhere.

The PCM has to see signal lo...

i.e. connect the wideband analog signal output to the PCM's signal hi, and connect the wideband signal ground to the PCM's signal lo.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

And make sure that the wideband's analog channel is programmed correctly, should be a steep downstep from 1.1V to 0.1V right at the stoichiometric point.

Quick Reply: LC1 as narrowband question