Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

details on 16239740 ecm

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default details on 16239740 ecm

Looking for any info on what the chip(014 P69AT 45153) in the picture does.(The one with a black dot beside it). Can't find any information on internals of these computers or even most of the chips used. The trace with a dot is the input from the throttle position sensor. This computer fails to recognize it. I have two hptuners credits tied to this ecm, which is the reason for trying to repair it. They refused to help in case of credit transfer/discount for failed ecm to move to a functional computer.

Old 04-23-2016, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Turns out it is not hardware problem, but triggered by a flash from hp tuners. Tracing back, after making some changes for the fan controls, computer is not able to pick up on throttle position sensor. I have flashed back to old working tunes from years ago with same result. I have found from 2007 where someone had issue with hptuners writing wrong data for fan controls causing them not to work. Wondering if this is similar issue and need help to resolve it. I was ready to just replace the ecm, and even bought one. But when contacting support, they were extremely firm on no credit transfer. I have couple of other vehicles that I was saving credits for and do not see it reasonable loosing 2 credits/$100 on this.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:43 PM
Teching In

It is working at this time. I am now able to see a new PID in the list of options. It was Throttle Position SAE and that is the one that worked. I did a full slow speed write reflash. This was a last effort before going ahead with getting teamviewer set up for hp tuners team. I have loaded default pid config after seeing it work and it loaded the Throttle Position SAE in the spot that would load empty before. I do not know what caused this to happen, but it did send me on a wild chase for half a month.

Quick Reply: details on 16239740 ecm