PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm new and I need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm new and I need help

I have a lq4, ls3 intake,cable throttle body, and a hp tuned 04 gto ecm and harness. It seats and idles perfect. When it first start it will rev up just fine but after A few seconds of running it doesn't want to rev up very well above 1800 rpms. I've thrown a new cam sensor and maf sensor at it with no changes. It holds 58psi of fuel pressure. I'm lost
Old 05-06-2016, 07:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What heads/cam? And what (cam)timing gear and cam sensor? Any MIL codes? What is the actual set of symptoms surrounding the "won't rev very well past 1800 issue?" have you watched fuel pressure as you rev it or just point in time?

I may be out on the thin branches here but we were just chatting with another member that put a 4x cam gear on a 1x setup and it actually ran but had weird issues...understandably.

How sure are you of the tune? Do you have HPT yourself? Quick check could be backup your existing tune and then download a stock tune for something similar to what you have from the repository and just see if this specific problem persists. Of course don't drive it and risk damage..just test it. You could easily have a table or even a single number messed up causing an issue once the thing warms up.

Quick Reply: I'm new and I need help