Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reduced power Ls2-LS3 swap issues. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 09:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow Reduced power Ls2-LS3 swap issues. HELP

Hey guys, I recently got a killer deal on an 06 auto c6 corvette. The motor is a ls2 but someone installed a LG motorsports camshaft, 0821 square port heads with a stock ls3 intake and throttle body. I had the car tuned yesterday by a very reputable tuner in Orange Park Fl Named Tracy Grimm @SpeedFab/Tuners Inc. The car runs excellent except for the fact that when you go WOT and the let off, the car goes into reduced power mode. The code i get is TAC module i believe (tracy just deleted it so it would fire right up). Tracy believes i need to put a stock Silver blade LS2 throttle body on the car and it will fix the issue. Being that ive read about 20 threads saying all different things regarding the "reduced power mode", i really dont wanna drop 200+ dollars on a throttle body when it can be a dumb sensor. Can anyone help me with this issue???? The car put down 430/410 though an Auto which im very happy with, but not being able to hit it without it going into limp mode is really annoying. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-09-2016, 07:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stock ls2 silver blade fixed the issue.

Quick Reply: Reduced power Ls2-LS3 swap issues. HELP