PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a benefit to using an LS7 MAF?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 04:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a benefit to using an LS7 MAF?

I currently have a 5.3 and am about drop a Maggie S/C on it. I'm currently running an LS1 MAF on it. Please be gentle as I am a newbie to all this, but I have read where guys are putting LS7 MAF's on there motors. What is the benifit to this? Increased airflow? Better response?
Old 06-27-2016, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

I wish I had a Maggie. lol.

I have an LQ9 that came with the LS1 flow through type maf. I bought an LS3 intake system (stock) to quiet down the intake noise at WOT(and thus switched to the LS3 MAF).

The LS3/7 MAF has a different mapping of frequency to airflow than ls1 does. The switch has nothing to do with better response or power.

The issue IIRC, was that the stock MAF table runs out around 512g/s on the LS1. I'll try to check when I get home. Are you planning on tuning with EFILIVE, HPTuners...?
Old 06-27-2016, 11:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JetMech442
I wish I had a Maggie. lol.

I have an LQ9 that came with the LS1 flow through type maf. I bought an LS3 intake system (stock) to quiet down the intake noise at WOT(and thus switched to the LS3 MAF).

The LS3/7 MAF has a different mapping of frequency to airflow than ls1 does. The switch has nothing to do with better response or power.

The issue IIRC, was that the stock MAF table runs out around 512g/s on the LS1. I'll try to check when I get home. Are you planning on tuning with EFILIVE, HPTuners...?
Ya I'm excited. I've wanted one for about 8yrs now. If you want it.......it will come lol.

Your intake was that loud? I personally like the deep sound of my CAI. Boils down to preference.

As far s the rest, well to be honest, sounds almost German to me. Sorry, I'm still learning nd have a lot to learn about the efi world. So it can be done? Is there a benifit?

Although I would love to be able to tune in the future but I know I'm not there yet. I'm sure who ever is going tot tune my motor will use either one of those programs. I don't personally know of any tuners yet. I'm a more of a diy type of guy so I am a little bummed to have to rely on somebody else. But I'd rather have it done right.

Might be put on hold as I just lost 3 and 4 of my 4L60E this afternoon. Hoping it's a solenoid or a pressure issue as I only have a about 250 miles on it
Old 07-10-2016, 01:42 AM
Teching In

Bump......any body else have any input. Really trying to plan ahead if I should use it before throwing on the Maggie

Quick Reply: Is there a benefit to using an LS7 MAF?