Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help. Cam sensor problems from LS6 to LS2 swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 04:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Please help. Cam sensor problems from LS6 to LS2 swap

Ok. So since I have put my car back together with the conversion stroker motor my cam sensor just hadn't worked. Constantly throwing a code. Well now it has come to a head as I need an inspection and the engine light had to be off. Not to mention the times where it takes two times for the car to start

Now, I know I have the correct cam sprocket. I even removed all my second guessing doubt when I took the sensor out and double checked with a scope. So that's not the problem.

The. I threw a new cam sensor at it part number 12591720

Now I did all the searching possible to help with this and did the "wire swap" deal which you need to do apparently with the extension harness. So currently it is wired the way I drew it out in the picture.

Lastly I did a continuity test on all wires and everything checks out fine. At this point I'm completely lost as to why I'm failing. Any help and expert knowledge is much appreciated!
Old 07-28-2016, 07:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

If you're getting cam sensor codes with a ls2 swap you generally have to swap the outside 2 wires on the extension harness.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to remove all guess work we can supply you with a LS6 to LS2 front cam sensor (w/extension). You just have to put your wiring back to factory, including the LS6 plug. You also must have the 1x cam sensor for the 24x computer. http://www.speartech.com/product_p/camext.htm

Quick Reply: Please help. Cam sensor problems from LS6 to LS2 swap